Rt Hon Sir David Evennett, MP for Bexleyheath and Crayford and Vice Chairman of the Conservative Party, has warmly welcomed the funding being given to local charities in his constituency from the Coronavirus Community Support Fund. 12 charities in the Bexleyheath and Crayford constituency have so far received £173,129.
Sir David commented: “this is really good news for these local charities in difficult times and is a welcome decision by the Government. In a year of unprecedented disruption, we have relied upon our charities more than ever. These charities do so much excellent work across our community and this assistance will help them continue their good work”.
The charities that have received funding via the Coronavirus Community Support Fund are:
• Irish Community Services (£9,590)
• Bexley Deaf Group (£9,190)
• Bexley Mencap (£9,200)
• Isolation Help Bexley (£4,230)
• Dorcas Foundation (£9,720)
• Bexley Voluntary Service Council Limited (£7,819)
• Golapganj Upazila Social Trust (UK) (£8,000)
• Centrepieces CIO (£9,790)
• Way4ward Solutions CIC (£9,800)
• Bexley Snap (£10,000)
• Bexley Accessible Transport Scheme (£60,000)
• Bexley Moorings Project (£25,790)